1.21.2013

I'm Official


Besides the fact that American Crafts manufactures great products that my wife and I have used for scrapbooking and card making over the years, one of the things that was appealing to me as I was looking to further my career, is how they take pride not only in their products, but also their employees. As a frequent visitor to the American Crafts Studio Blog, I had always noticed that they don't just highlight their crafters, but they also introduce you to their In-House Design Team. Before I accepted my new position with them, I blog-hopped through each designer's bio and was astonished and astounded with the level of creativity and talent they hire. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous that my skill-set would not match what they were looking for. However I was very excited to have the opportunity to work and learn from these talented artists and feel so fortunate and blessed that my work is highlighted right next to theirs.

5 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Congrats on your new job.Glad your talents are being appreciated.

Pat N. said...

Of course, I always thought you were official! Congrats Curt, glad to hear you're settling in at your new career.

Cherie said...

Congrats!

Lisa B said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new gig! Best of luck!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

How cool is this!! Oh, if only all of the crafty companies would "get" that we like to see the people behind the merchandise!!

Glad you are liking your employer-- and that they like you!! That is tops! (Of course, why wouldn't they??!!)