9.09.2011

Sighting of the Week: All in a Day's Work

A couple of weeks ago, we had a Back to School crafternoon at Cricut.  (Crafting a work?! Rough job. I know!!!)  I decided to use my Word Collage cartridge to create customized sketchbooks.

First, I cut the artist's signatures sign out using vinyl.


Then I applied the negative of the sign to the front of my sketchbooks.



Once that was applied, I taped the excess off with tape and headed to the spray booth. I then applied a coat of spray paint to the front of my books.


After the spray paint was dry, I removed the vinyl . . .


. . . and voila! 2 customized sketchbooks!


Check out the open sketchbook in this photo. It is the one I am currently using and is chock-full of sketches from my Cricut cartridges. The page that it is open to contains some of the bugs from my Art Nouveau cartridge.

3 comments:

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Love your sketch books! Such a great idea. So excited that Art Nouveau is on it's way to me now in the post. Can't wait to get into it. Now... get sketching for more hot carts! Love your work!

Pat N. said...

Wow, very nice! Wish I had your job. Thanks for sharing "A Day in the Life" with us.--Pat N.

Diane Hodrick said...

My daughter wants to try this...I would normally cut the letters in vinyl and adhere them to my book, but I like this method...changes things up. I think I love your job. ;)