7.29.2011

Art Nouveau

I received my degree in theatre and film design. What I enjoyed most about my education was that every project was set in a different time period and art style. One of art styles that I absolutely fell in love with was Art Nouveau. So, when Cricut assigned me a cartridge for heritage scrapbookers, I took the opportunity to showcase this historical art style.


One thing I love about working with the Cricut is that my artwork always looks so much neater once it is cut out of paper. To showcase this, here is an Art Nouveau scrapbook layout, courtesy of the Cricut Blog.


I did not visualize this style of project/page layout in mind when I was working on this cartridge, but I love what they did with it.  I also love that all of the detail of the seahorse and jelly fish are not lost when all of the layers are cut out of the same paper.



Art Nouveau is now available from Cricut.com.
Coming Soon:  The Art Nouveau Look Book.

9 comments:

Elizabeth B. Jensen said...

I've been reading the comments on the Cricut Circle and Cricut Blogs. It looks like everyone LOVES this new cartridge! I love to see what designers create with your images. Another great cartridge from Curt Jensen!

Lisa said...

When I saw the new cartridge releases, this was the one cart that I knew I MUST have! The images are so fabulous and detailed! You did a FABULOUS job!! Can't wait to purchase it :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Cricutbug - Marie said...

This is a beautiful cartridge!!! Congrtulationson another winner!

Pat N. said...

Congratulations on another terrific cartridge!--Pat N.

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Oooooo this one is gorgeous! I haven't seen it at all yet! (takes a while for us Aussies to catch on!) Love it so much. Loving the women pics and the insects. Beautiful stuff!

Krisje said...

Honestly, since my shelf is full, i wasn't supposed to buy any new cartridges... But I accidentally looked on the website and to my surprise, my greatest wish came true... An art nouveau cartridge! I'm Belgian, and a great lover of this style, although it was such a brief period in time, and a bit neglected thru time, now it is finally valued for it's worth here. So many buildings were pulled down, or sold to people who weren't interested in preserving it, because it was considered to young of a style to be protected... Thanks for this beautiful cart, you do justice to Horta and Muccha! I can't wait to buy it and finally start scrapping all my pictures from Brussels and Antwerp!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

So glad to have found your blog and to get to know a designer of the wonderful cartridges we know and love

I cannot wait to get my mittens on Art Nouveau as I simply love the Grecian style of it!

GREAT Work!!!

sandee said...

Your cartridge is simply gorgeous, I am watching them talk about it on HSN and I must say you did a beautiful job on the images. I loved reading about how you created it, I'm the type that loves the background info. like that! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, but how you found the Babir post baffles me! lol

MulticrafterAmy said...

After seeing you current challenge I went to see just what cartridges you have designed. I must say this is one that I had to have as soon as I saw it. I finally got it about two weeks ago and will be using to create this weekend. I have the time finally!