6.18.2011

Sighting of the Week: Father's Day Cards

In honor of Father's Day, here are some projects I have stumbled across that feature die cuts from my Father's Day cartridge:   


I love this first card!  Not only does this crafter have an amazing skill for coordinating patterned papers, but she also used three different elements from the cartridge: the recliner, "Super Dad" shield and oval badge background.


I also love how she included the remote on the inside of the card!  It really helps continue the story about "Dad's recliner" when you open the card.  Whenever I make cards, I like to include something on the inside, too.


The same designer from above also created this scrapbook layout.  I love how she has used the "#1 Dad" shield as a large frame on her layout. 


Here she used the oval badge background as a decorative journaling box.


This next paper crafter layered the background piece (the red) on top of the motorcycle image.  Although I had not intended it to be used this way, it still looks really cool.


How cool is this?!  Just add my "Best Dad Ever" badge to the center of a paper rosette, 
and you have a ribbon for your award winning father.


The "Best Dad Ever" badge makes a great patch on this gift card holder.


You could also use this phrase with printable shrink plastic to create your dad a one of the kind keychain or pocket charm.


The poker cards and chips were of the first illustrations that I created for this cartridge.  I remember test cutting it so I could get my art director to sign off on my overall concept and style.  She was not sold on the initial idea. If only I had had this card at the time!  Then she would have signed off on my direction without any hesitation.


This card really made me laugh.  Recognize those fish?!?
They are from my Campin' Critters cartridge.  I have seen people use images from multiple cartridges before, but this is the first I time have seen someone combine images from two different cartridges that I designed.


I love the papers the crafter picked out for this simple "#1 Dad" shield.  The handwritten/antiqued paper gives it a classic look.  This project would be fun to recreate using the patterned papers on my Heirloom Cricut Imagine cartridge.


This sighting struck me as a bit odd.  Did you know that for only $1 you can purchase 2 die cut and assembled soda/beer can images from Etsy?  This particular seller is also currently selling the basketball image from the Father's Day cartridge.


This last project uses the "Happy Father's Day" badge to finish off their layout.


Want to see more? Here are some additional that I have stumbled across:

3 comments:

Cely said...

Everything is so beautiful! Way to go Cricut fans on blogland! And wonderful job on the carts!

Elizabeth B. Jensen said...

I especially love how versatile all the images are. The possibilities are truly endless with the way you designed everything in 2-color layers. Another "Excellent A" on this cartridge, hun! Oh, and thanks for making your own Father's Day card this year! LOL!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

I absolutely <3 all these fathers day projects! They are all WONDERFUL!!! tfs! -Sam :-)