1.12.2011

My First Cartridge

To say that I have found my dream job is a bit of an understatement.  Not only am I able to illustrate "super cute" images on a daily basis, but I also get to put my crafty spin on things, too.  When I was given the assignment for my first cartridge, I was asked to create 50 images that you could use for Valentines, St. Patrick's Day and Easter cards.  My solution:

  • 30 1-color cards that cut out in 1 solid piece (10 for each holiday)
  • 10 decorative card bases with notches built in to hold your card w/out glue
  • 3 treat boxes that also have notches to hold a card
  • 3 envelopes
  • 4 envelope seals / icons 

One of my favorite things about Valentine's Day is reading all of the punny phrases that are found on store bought cards.  I felt that taking this idea and rolling the kitschy phrases across all 3 holidays would be add a humorous touch. Some of the phrase are classics, such as "You're a Fungi" and "Bee Mine"  And some are brand new, like my personal favorite (which is a Curt Jensen original), "Have a Good Friday!"

Spring Holiday Cards is now available at Cricut.com and your favorite craft stores.

2 comments:

Elizabeth B. Jensen said...

You've always wowed me with your Valentine making skills since we've been doing the "14 days of Valentine Cards" It's only fitting that this year they are Cricutized!

Jen M. Jensen said...

I am excited to be able to take your talents and be able to use them and and a little of me to them... I cant wait to start my collection of cartidges that were designed by my super talented uncle. I <3 U!